Creating simple solutions for complex problems...
It all started with a Bachelor of Science (BSc), Kinesiology with a focus on Ergonomics. From there I relocated to Seattle to start my career as a Usability Engineer. Although I enjoyed what I was doing, I realized that Interaction Design was my true passion.
An opportunity that focused on usability and interaction design came up in Vancouver so I relocated back to my hometown. That opportunity also morphed into Business Analysis which I really enjoyed and helped me become a better designer by giving me the tools to tear apart complex problems.
As my career progressed, I moved on to larger companies with larger problems to solve, working in the Accounting (ERPs and CRMs) and Human Resources industries. Although the work has became more complex and the platforms I design for have became more varied (desktop, tablet, mobile, web and cloud-based applications, etc.), I love it.
I currently spend my time designing information architecture, creating workflows, preparing wireframes, specifying interactions, producing clickable prototypes, creating and updating interaction guidelines documents, and I still conduct a usability study here and there (got to stay true to your roots).
Skills and Certifications
- Expertise with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and other Adobe Creative Suite products
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (inlcuding Visio)
- Expertise in Usability Testing
- Axure, Invision, Balsamiq for Prototyping
- Agile, Lean UX and Mobile First approaches
- Jira, Confluence, Wikimedia, VersionOne
- Design Thinking and Customer Driven Design Methodologies
- Business Requirements Analysis
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML, Icon Fonts, Sencha Ext JS Kitchen Sink, AngularJS, Angular 2, etc.
- Knowledge of statistic tools, including SPSS and EXCEL
- Excellent communication skills, solid organization skills and detail oriented
- Scrum Master - Certified by Scrum Alliance (Oct, 2010)
- Product Owner - Certified by Scrum Alliance (Oct, 2010)